Pelvic Health PT
Pelvic floor therapy is a form of PT that addresses pelvic pain and other musculoskeletal issues in the pelvic and vaginal region.
Your first session will begin with a thorough assessment of your history along with a physical examination of strength, flexibility, and postural and body mechanics in order to identify impairments. If necessary, an intravaginal internal pelvic floor exam may be part of your assessment.
Next up we will work together to set goals and develop a plan of care. Treatment may include exercise, behavioral strategies, manual therapy, modalities, and functional retraining. Your treatment plan will definitely include patient education and a home exercise program so you can take charge of your pelvic health. For cyclists, a comprehensive bike fit with saddle recommendations will also be a component of your treatment plan.
Pelvic floor therapy with Jen is great for patients with the following diagnoses:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pain during or after intercourse or using a tampon
- Pregnancy or postpartum back pain, SI joint pain, symphysis pubis (pubic bone pain), coccydynia/ tailbone pain, or sciatica
- Saddle pain or numbness with cycling
- Diastasis Recti
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Sacroiliac or SI joint pain
- Vulvodynia (pain around the vulva)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary leakage, urgency, frequency or difficulty voiding
- Interstitial cystitis
If you have any questions, or you would like to book an initial evaluation please complete the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org